Thursday, February 26, 2009

Update on my life...

Well apparently I have had a few requests for an update on my life. Here it is. Basically it looks pretty certain that I am not coming back to Milligan in the fall. They have asked me to teach some classes adjunct which basically means I would be doing most of the same amount of work for about 80% less pay. So that is not going to happen. So come August I am out of a job and paycheck. It has to do with the economic downturn and the college trying to shave about 600,000 dollars off the budget. But it is a big time bummer and disappointment for me. Teaching at Milligan was a dream come true for me.

So I am in big time search mode. I have applied for jobs all over including some in Georgia. I hope that I can find a teaching job somewhere but I am looking even in the social work world. For my avid readers who don't know, I have a Master's in Social Work and did clinical social work for several years. I feel led in the area of teaching but I need a paycheck. So we shall see.

I am trying not to be bitter or too disappointed. God has led me through tougher waters than this. Lots of people get really bitter when bad tragic things happen to them. I have seen what that does to people and refuse to have that happen to me. I have a beautiful wife, an awesome little princess of a daughter, and Jesus as my Savior. He will lead us through somehow. But I do appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

DebbieinMemphis said...

Hi Ted - God's watching over you and your family. I'll keep you and your beautiful ladies in my prayers. -Debbie Booker Allen

AutieRene said...

ted, I'm just reading and catching up on your blog. Sorry to hear this. Just this morning I was talking to some people about how god provides for us in unexpected ways when things seem the bleakest. i will be praying for you all and that his provision for you at this time is evident.