Wednesday, July 23, 2008

stuff..

Just got back from Gettysburg with Algie, Corey, and a brief appearance by Darren. We had a blast. Sleeping in a tent was not so great but it was a lot of fun.

Today I am dissertating. I have written about 20 pages on Ch. 2. Usually a chapter can be as big as 40-50 pages. I am discussing Elizabeth's style of rhetoric and how it mirrors the classical models of Seneca and Cicero. I know exciting.

We saw Eliza's face again yesterday. We are over 8 months. I can't wait to get to hang out with her. I am stoked. Well back to the grind. I love my wife and my baby.

1 comment:

Nathan P. Gilmour said...

I've started dissertating as well, though not at full speed, as Micah's been home from school this summer, and he has no patience with a daddy who spends his time pecking out paragraphs.

When Mary and Micah go back to school here in a week or so, perhaps I can get dissertating at full tilt.