Sunday, August 3, 2008

Church shower...

Today we had a church shower thrown for us by our small group at Avoca. We got lots of cool stuff for Eliza and it was fun just being able to spend the afternoon with our friends. We are so thankful for our friends and can't wait to introduce them all to Eliza. We then went to Christy and Larry's for a bit and then back to Sunday night church where we have been discussing the book REvolution by George Barna. Very interesting discussion.

I also just read the book The Shack. It is for small group on Thursdays. But I highly recommend it. I read it in almost one sitting. It is a book about a man experiencing God in the midst of a tragedy. It is unusual and I have heard that it has been roundly criticized by some Christians which in my book means it probably is doing something right. Read the book. I guarantee that you will want to send it to several friends before you are done.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hey...I posted pics from the shower on my facebook! I'll get them to you sometime soon. I meant to put them on your jump drive when you came over this afternoon (do you carry one with you?? hmm...that might have been a problem!?)

Good fun...