Sunday, September 14, 2008

At home with baby...


I am so excited that our little girl is here. But I will admit that there is a learning curve. Even changing diapers is a bit challenging as that little girl has some strong leg muscles and does not want to put them straight down, so I am afraid to man-handle her and pull them. Also when she cries, which is not often, but it still bothers me (she is mine I want her to feel good and secure) I don't always know what to do so I sing to her. I have chosen some bluegrass Gospel to sing to her and either sing The Uncloudy Day or Jesus loves me most of the time. It seems to work. But for the most part when she cries there is only one reason--hunger. And I can't help with that.

It also gets a bit stressful with all the family in. You want to preserve a careful balance of seeing everyone and letting everyone see her but you get a tad tired. When everyone is in you can't just lay on the couch in your underwear and watch tv. And I feel so much for Kristen. I think she is tired. She is healing, dealing with hormones and emotions, and is really the soul source of comfort for our child. So she is tired. I feel for her and at times feel totally helpless to help her. But I will say she is so beautiful as my baby's momma.


The other day I laid on the couch and Eliza and I watched some tv together. I love that kid. I am crazy about her. Only slight less crazy about her than her momma but still crazy in love with her. I highly recommend having a kid. It is such a miracle of God I can't even express it. Even when she cries I am still fascinated by her. I think she is a work of art even if I did participate in it. How can someone see the things I have and not believe in God.

Here are the words of Psalm 139 written so long ago, but still so relevant.



You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and
wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.


My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!


Here is a video of my girls...


2 comments:

michelle said...

What a sweet, precious girl! I am so happy for your little family!

Christy said...

the learning curve never ends...every day is a new adventure (and i wouldn't trade it for the world.)

enjoy these first days...they all fly by sooooo quickly.

you know you can call if you need/want anything. we're just "staying away" for a bit while there's tons of people at your place. we know it can be overwhelming, but seriously, call!