Saturday, November 15, 2008

a visit to see Eliza

Papaw and Nana came to see us on Friday night. I mean to see Eliza. Eliza has started smiling a lot and I have got to tell you it is the most wonderful sight when she does. Here is a picture of her smiling at Papaw.


Uncle Arlis came, even though he needs a hair cut, and Uncle Josh and Aunt Eden came as well. Josh loves to give me a hard about UT football and his first words to me were "So what do you think about Phillip?" Meaning Phil Fulmer. He is very funny.


Nana got a suprise when Eliza decided for the first time to hold her own bottle. It was amazing. I am sure she is gifted...:)


In other news still uncertainty about my job for next year. Also apparently I have a condition known as "pre diabetes" it is when your blood sugar isn't quite bad enough to require insulin but usually because of extra pounds it is much more sensitive to sugar. My fasting blood sugar this a.m. was 116. I have a glucose tolerance test on Dec 9. But today starts day one of my new life where I will try to go low carb, no sugar, and lose 30-40 pounds. No problem right? This can help take care of the pre-diabetes thing. But I have to watch what I eat big time.

Well that's about it for today..

No comments: