Saturday, March 7, 2009

New horizons...

Well on Friday I attended a 6 hour training on TBI (traumatic brain injury). What's a medieval historian doing in a place like that? Well I needed 6 more hours to reactivate my LCSW (licensed clincial social worker) in Tennessee. SInce I can't find a teaching job I have started to look in the area of social work, my first career. I am still working on the Ph.D. but it does me no good to just stand around and pretend to have a teaching job. I have applied for tons of them but most schools just aren't hiring. I hope this economy gets better soon. I mailed off my reactivation forms and proof of continuing ed today so I hopefully I will be Ted Booth, LCSW again by the end of the week. I actually found my LCSW certificate framed in a closet and brought it out and dusted it off.

No comments: