Wednesday, June 17, 2009

waiting on a job...

Well I got a call from Mountain States today to interview for a job as an Outpatient counselor at Indian Path Pavillion in Kingsport. I am interviewing on June 30th. They seemed really nice on the phone. I am still partial to the VA jobs (better pay and benefits) but I will take what I can get. I applied for that one online. I am still waiting to hear something back from the VA. They are notoriously slow.

Other than that me and Eliza are hanging out. She is trying to crawl but mostly seems to go backwards for now and adds a roll in there when she gets stuck. She has pulled herself up a couple of times and really really wants to walk. We watched the CMT video awards last night and we sat with Eliza in the middle of us, everytime music played she danced and laughed and we had the best time ever. Can't wait to take that kid to the Carter Fold...I am blessed. Can't wait to see what little Booth number 2 is like. If it's a girl that will be awesome, if it is a boy that will be awesome as well. Either way our little family is so much fun.

A lot of people try to still your joy saying things like "wait till she walks" or "two is crazy" or whatever. But Eliza is a true gift from God, one I thought I would never see.

Psalm 40 says:
I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord.

I wouldn't trade my years of waiting for one little day with Kristen or this new little bug of mine. Things work out in God's time and so far His seems much better to me than mine.

No comments: