Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas...

It is so exciting that I get to share my first Christmas with Kristen and our new little bundle of joy Eliza Mae. I love that kid. I really think that she is present enough to be honest. I know that she will be more interested in the paper and lights than any gift we get her but it will be her first celebration of the birth of Jesus with us. I hope that is what she always takes away from Christmas that it is about Jesus and not gifts.

In other news, Kristen and I saw this movie FireProof. It was pretty stirring emotionally and about how to "fireproof" a marriage. In the movie a guy tells his son to do the "love dare" it is a book that his wife wrote and has 40 days of trying to do things for your mate to draw yourself closer. Well the people in the movie actually published the book and it is on sale here http://www.amazon.com/Love-Dare-Stephen-Kendrick/dp/0805448853/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228491917&sr=8-1

It is a 40 day devotional where you read about an issue, you pray about it and then you have an action item. For instance the first lesson is on patience, and the first item is that you have to go one whole day without saying anything negative to your spouse. Then each day you add a different task on top of that one. It is hard but it puts all your energy into valuing your spouse. How many arguments would be avoided if you can't say anything negative? So far so good. I have been blessed with a beautiful woman who loves me and a wonderful child whose smile reminds me of her momma and teaches me that God is love. Happy Christmas early!

No comments: