Thursday, January 8, 2009

Almost time to start the semester..

I have been going in and working and I feel like I have a big jump on the semester. I feel more prepared for this semester than ever before. I hope to finish up some stuff tomorrow and then spend Monday and Tuesday on the dissertation. Wednesday is the first day of school but it is just the hand out syllabus day so that is easy.

About half of my students are new so it will be fun to meet more students. I really enjoy the interaction and have become a lot more comfortable in the classroom. I lecture but I think I have a conversational style and I like to tell stories and make it fun (as best I can).

Still no word yet on my full time fate next year but I remain as hopeful as I can. At least things in the dissertation world are looking optimistic.

No comments: