Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just thinking....

Went to the doctor with Eliza yesterday. She apparently is all better and does not need any more breathing treatments. She still coughs a bit but her attitude is amazing. She laughs, smiles and never seems to get upset unless she is wet, tired or hungry. I think she is going to be a cool person.

Kristen and I were reading this book about marriage called "The Love Dare." One of things in it is that you can't say anything negative about your spouse to your spouse. You can't complain basically. I have a bad habit of complaining about stuff--the weather, poor service in restaurants etc. So I thought I would try not to complain at all. It was hard! I was afraid I wouldn't be able to speak.

I got to thinking about complaining or saying negative things in general. It is kind of selfish. It all concentrates on me--about how I was wronged and about how awful someone has treated me. Imagine if we all tried not to talk poorly about anyone. Even those that have done us the most wrong. Wouldn't the world be a much nicer place. Sadly most people love to say and hear negative things better than good. Seems like that forgiveness is something that heals us as much as others.

I hope to teach Eliza that she needs to concentrate on peoples' strengths and not their sins. If it wasn't for Jesus we would all be in trouble. That's all just some random thoughts on negativity. :)

No comments: