Saturday, January 3, 2009

a little news for the new year...

Well I have officially been diagnosed as having type II diabetes. However, it does not appear extreme and the doctor feels that for now I can manage it with diet and exercise. I have lost 19 pounds so far and have basically eliminated sugar from my diet. It really has helped me not to be so moody as apparently some of my moodiness was caused by sugar fluctation. I also got put on high blood pressure medicine which I was the only one from my family who wasn't. Now I am on the team. I hope to start exercising some when the weather warms.

I have been working on the dissertation and it is always discouraging for me to get a chapter back. I work so hard and it gets shredded. Well not totally but I wish for once my advisor would read it and say Oh my gosh that is awesome. She did write excellent a few times in the chapter but it needs some work. I so want to graduate.

No real news yet as for my permanent desire to teach. I have a possibility working for me which I will not go into full detail yet. Hopefully it will work out. I also was asked by the staff at our new church to help in their version of Kidstuff. THey want me to be the credible host which is the guy who basically plays the "straight" person against the "goofy comical" character. I was worried about being at a new church where I really didn't know that many people that I would not be plugged in very easily. Kristen and I also are going to do the Financial Peace University program at church. We do many of the concepts already but I have a feeling this will streamline our budget a bit more. Prepare for pain!

Not sure what we are going to do today,but I hope it is something fun.

1 comment:

Roberson said...

Friend, we miss you guys! We're trying to figure out when we can come to JC to visit again!

Hugs to you and your ladies!