Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Today..

Well today was a good day all the way around. I met with my advisor in Knoxville and had the best meeting ever. About all she had to say short of some structural issues in my chapter was good stuff. She believes the article I am working on for publication shows great insight and will be published in a major journal. Plus she believes my dissertation will be published and even said that I should possibly consider the academic presses of Yale University for one. I was a bit blown away to say the least. Plus in my box at UT, I had a letter from Cambridge Scholar's Press in England inviting me to send a proposal to them about my dissertation for a publishing contract. I was like, I haven't even finished writing it yet. But they heard about the title of my work and sent a letter of inquiry. My advisor says that intellectual works on Elizabeth are sought after so I should expect this.

I Just want to finish the thing and think about publication later. But it made me feel like all my hard work is beginning to pay off.

Tonight I attended a rehearsal for TGIF :Thank God it's families at Grace Fellowship Church. I am the "credible" host for the Kidstuff program. I liked the cast and we seemed to get along well. I actually had some fun. I couldn't believe that the short amount of time we have been at Grace that I got asked to help. I still feel like we barely know anyone. But it is fun to help out again. I can't really imagine going to a church and not helping.


Well school starts soon and I feel like I am almost ready. I have a little more prep work to do this week but I am ahead of the game. In other news.. here's my little scholar.


1 comment:

The Chambers Family said...

I love this picture of Eliza!! She is changing soooo much!!
Miss you all!