Thursday, May 14, 2009

Exhausted...

So went to the British library today and put what I think are my finishing touches on Chapter 2. I am going to work a bit more on Ch. 1 tonight and hopefully continue Ch. 3 research tomorrow. I left the British library and went to St. Paul's Cathedral. Haven't been there in many years.

I totally forgot how awe-inspiring it is. Christopher Wren designed it and he did some good work. It is massive and overwhelming with beauty.

I hiked up the stairs to the whispering gallery (259 steps).


You can hear whispers across the room. I really didn't. It was awfully crowded though. Then I hiked up another 119 steps to the Stone Gallery. This was on the outside of the Dome and you could most of London.

Then I went to the Tower of London just because I wanted to go to their souvenoir shop. Then I made it back to the room after a "back breaking" day of carrying around a laptop. Now I am going to rest up a bit, get a shower and get some grubb! On another note I feel like Beowulf and Monty Python all rolled into one. I bought a bottle of Mead and a bottle of Elderberry Wine. Cheers.







No comments: