Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Looking for Elizabeth in all the wrong places...

Well much of research sadly is looking, looking, looking and finding nary a thing. I perused the Cecil Papers this a.m. and found nothing of use. It is a 24 volume work so I thought that it would have a lot in it. Sadly only about small bits of 2 volumes cover the time of Elizabeth. There is plenty in there about her, just not exactly what I was looking for.

I did do some fill in type research and am going to look at Henry VIII's will in just a bit. For those who don't keep up with this kind of thing, it is the 500th annivesary of Henry's rule. So They have all kinds of stuff going on in London about Henry. The British library has an exhibit which I will go to in a bit.

Missing my wife and baby girl. I am a bad loner. When I get back though we head to the beach for a family vacation. Kristen and I have been places together before, but it feels more like a family since I get to see little Eliza Mae dip her toes in the ocean. Can't wait. Off to write and research some more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With great respect, the volumes of the Royal Commission on Historical Manuscripts have many volumes on the MSS at Hatfield House. Many of these volumes pre-date Queen Elizabeth's death in 1603 and have a mass of material on her. You can download these volumes from the 'Internet Archive' site or examine them in the Institute of Historical Research. Microfilms of these documents are held in the Manuscripts Room of the British Library.
Christopher Thompson

Christy said...

i'm so glad you're a poster while you're away...it's like i'm visiting there with you (except, if I were I WOULD NOT be stuck in some library looking at books older than my country...as I'm sure you know.) happy day!

Anonymous said...

wow thanks to christopher. I am not sure if I know you or not or how you found my blog but it is neat to have such an educated reader who isn't afraid to comment. Cheers for that.