Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Ripper tour...

Well i got back from the Jack the Ripper tour. I had fun because I did get to see a lot of London on the nice bus. We walked around the area of London called Whitechapel where the murders took place and saw all the spots where the bodies were found. Mainly it was a story telling type thing by our guide and a lot of walking. so it was okay. We drove by the place on Fleet Street where Sweeney Todd used to make people into meat pies. Actually some lady made the pies supposedly unaware that it was human meat she was using. The ghost part of it was a bust. It was kind of like here's the most haunted house in London. Okay, let's move on.

But I still had a good time. Now I am about to go to sleep and on Sunday where no libraries are open I am going on a little tour to Stonehenge, Bath, and Salisbury Cathedral. That should be really awesome. Tuesday I go to Cambridge to visit their library.

I wrote about 10 pages today of chapter 3. Feel like that is a good start. My plan is to have it done by July. My advisor wants it done by December. I think I can move faster than that. My goal is to graduate next summer. Dissertations are so disheartening. But I feel like there is a tiny light at the end of the tunnel. Cheers for now.

No comments: