Saturday, May 9, 2009

Monday I will be in England...

Well lots of news to tell to my faithful readers, but I will only give you a bit of it. I had a great meeting with my advisor about my dissertation and she is convinced that I am on my way and can finish in the next year or so. My goal is to have it completely written by December of 2009. For those of you who might say..why's it take so long. It's like writing a book. My dissertation will be about 300 or so pages long.

Also on Monday I fly out to London to try to finish up some dissertation research. I really don't want to go but I got a substantial fellowship from UT and I need to consult a few more sources. Normally a trip to the UK (my fourth) would not be a bad thing but I will miss Kristen and Eliza a ton. I am going to spend most of my time at the British library and take a trip to Cambridge University as well. I might try to take another side trip and maybe go see Stonehenge and Bath.

No word yet from the VA but they told me it might take 2-4 weeks. So hopefully I will hear something during my trip to London.