Thursday, June 5, 2008

Evening stroll...

So the great thing about London is you are never very far from a really nice park. I finished early today so I went to the room and was incredibly bored so I made myself take about an hour or more walk around the city up to Buckingham Palace and into St. James' Park. I looked at the wildlife and the trees and felt a bit refreshed. Here are some pics. It is a great place. I would love to show it to my little girl.



Well the animals are so tame here because every feeds them. I saw this squirrel run up a tree and I kind of whistled for it, you know I made this mouth noise, and held out my hand. The squirrel reversed its course and came down the tree right up to me. As I had no food and the squirrel was kind of big for a squirrel, I kind of retreated. So that's about it.

4 comments:

Roberson said...

We're not going to be friends anymore if you don't eat at wagamama's before you come back to the US.

Also, we miss you.

Crystal,Andrew and Finn

Tracey Smith said...

We sure do miss you. The girls had a great time at VBS with Kristin. Can't wait to see you. I start school Wednesday!!!! We love reading your blog. Know you are prayed for daily.

Tracey Smith said...

OK - I know that Kristen's name is spelled Kristen - it is late and I am tired. Sorry. Hopefully, you all can come to Louisville sometime after you get home. We love the pictures. Hannah's friend Chloe is from London and she said you need to eat fish and chips over there. Love ya!!!! Tracey and family

Anonymous said...

Retreated from a squirell? What are you going to do if you have to confront some freaking huge guy at say a Ryan's salad bar?

On another note. Are there any good Indian restaurants around her? If so we should go when you come back. I've always wanted to try it, but afraid to go without advice.

Hurry home.