Sunday, June 1, 2008

God looking out for me...again

So I rode the tube yesterday, I ride it practically everyday. I rode to a few stations looking for a few souveniors and went to Paddington to get a book about Paddington Bear and then to Leceister Square to visit this one shop to get something for Kristen. I then ate supper at Mr. Wu's again...but then for some reason I thought, I will just walk back to my hotel and stretch my legs. I took the long way I guess and went to Westminster, then west to St. James park and then on to Buckingham palace.


Here's a shot of St. James' Park. It is really pretty. Lots of people out enjoying their Saturday. So then I walk down Buckingham Palace Road, stopping at a few shops along the way and finally make it back to my hotel in Southwest London. I didn't ride the tube on Sat night because I had went back to my room and then got something to eat late 9.30 and talked to Kristen.

Today I read a news article that last night was the last night you could drink on the tube so apparently all the people decided to go out with a blast. They had trains crammed full of people drinking and singing. At first they said it started very dignified with champagne and people dressed up, but unfortunately the bouncing tube led to fights, people getting sick, injured, and even arrested. They shut down three tube stations to stop the ensuing violence.

Thankfully I was nowhere near that kind of stuff. I guess God once again was looking out for me which I really appreciate. Cheers.

No comments: