Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday...

I am at the British library today. I am really just looking at some normal books not manuscripts. It is good to get out of the room as well. I am looking at how a 12 year old Elizabeth translated the first chapter of book 1 of John Calvin's Institutes from the French to the English. So I am going to try to compare her translation with English translations of her own day. Sounds exciting huh? What's depressing is that I need to do that and then boil it down to about one paragraph. Can you believe no one has ever looked at her translation of Calvin??

I love this place. Truly. But I am homesick. Bad. I miss Kristen's smile, her laugh usually at something I said not meaning to be funny, feeling the baby kick. Plus If I stay over her much longer I will have so much baby stuff that I can't bring it home. I love her so much, can't wait to see a little girl with big brown eyes who reminds me of her momma in so many ways.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I just can't believe that no on has ever looked at her translation of Calvin!!! Seriously...how could one have overlooked that. :o)

We miss you too. Karisse LOVED her Paddington Bear & book. You'll have to hear her say Paddington...it's quite humorous. She somtimes gets stucks on the "ing" syllable.