Thursday, June 12, 2008

My little girl...

Okay so I guess I am winding down my trip and thinking about how I get to tell it to Eliza one day. I have gotten her several souveniors and for a child that is not even born yet she has quite a collection. I want to bring her and her momma back to England with me soon so she can learn to share my love of this country. But not just that I want her to feel love for all people, not just those who are Americans. Living in another country for 5 weeks is just a tiny dip, but it does make you feel less like "America right or wrong" and more like "why can't we all get along." I see Indian, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, Asian, Hispanic, African, French and German and an occasional English person every day. A lot of people are afraid of the term multi-culturalism but I just wonder if God sees all his children like the colors of the rainbow.

But back to the gifts for the kid..The first is a loch ness monster bought in Scotland. Kristen picked it out and with all the kinds to choose from it is no secret that she picked the fashion monster.

Then I picked out a Henry VIII little bear for her.

And of course the truly English Paddington Bear, named after Paddington Station. I also got Eliza several English story books about Paddington and other things.

Hopefully she will grow up saying words like "brillant" and "gorgeous darling." I love the way the British speak. But my little love will always be bested ever so slightly with my first love--her mom. That is the woman that truly holds my heart in her hands.

No comments: