Monday, June 9, 2008

The rest of the day...

Well I decided to go to Westminster Abbey for evensong. It was packed. The service was mainly sung by the choir and included several readings from the Old and New Testament. We had a time of group prayer where we confessed that we were sinners and prayed the Lord's Prayer together. The choir sang some Psalms. Their harmony was so good and it boomed inside the cathedral. I wish I could show you how cool it was. It is like the roof is 6-7 stories above you and the walls reverberate with the harmonies.

Also when's the last time you went to church and the minister led you in prayer because we were all admitting how sinful we are. Not often. I really love the services of the Anglican Church.



After that I did my usual walk around till I get tired and then ride the Tube to my hotel. So if some of you are out there saying, "How could he be tired of London?" I am not really. I am just a bit overwhelmed by the sheer number of people here. To show I took some pictures of what I have to deal with everyday several times a day to go anywhere.





When I was riding the tube today I was cramped in all sides by people. Hot sometimes smelly people. So I just yearn a bit for a little less crowds in my life. And of course the company of my beautiful wife.

3 comments:

Tracey Smith said...

Hey, hope you are having a good day today. I pray that you get lots of research done and are able to feel your accomplishments. The girls are loving seeing Kristen and had a great time at VBS. We do read your log and enjoy the history behind each entry. We love you bunches!
Tracey and family

elizamae said...

Love you so much! I can't wait for you to be here with me.

Roberson said...

We cooked Steak on your grill. We had fun. But not as much fun as we would if you were here too! Miss you lots! Wagamama would make you happy.