Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday morning...

Well I decided to visit a different kind of church this morning. It is called London Hillsong. For those of you who might know the Hillsong movement is the one that has produced tons of worship music such as "Shout to the Lord." It was in a theatre and was filled to the brim with people praising Jesus. I guess it has been longer than I realized since I have been to a contemporary service. They had a light show, everyone was raising their hands and bouncing up and down, and the music and praise was incredible.

Here is their website http://www.hillsong.co.uk/london/home.asp click on the link to the right that says "See church!" It was a service filled with prayer and song. IN between several of the songs the minister actually got up and mentioned a few prayer requests by name (in a church of thousands) and encouraged us to pray for what we were worried about and prayed generally for those who were sick. His prayer was very encouraging and uplifting. I truly felt God's spirit. It was so cool to be with thousands of Londoners who loved Jesus. I usually am partial to a cathedral but I must say that London Hillsong was one of the most uplifting services I have been to. The message was about us being ready for God just like a sprinter has to run at full speed before getting the baton from the first runner. We need to be ready for God to work in us and we do that by acknowledging him as the God who is. I think you can see the message online on their website as well.

Other than that I walked around London a bit and really missed Kristen. Talked to her but am so homesick. I have some research tomorrow which will keep me busy, but I miss my true love so much.

5 comments:

Autumn said...

I am glad you enjoyed Hillsong. I attended their womens conference last year, Colour and LOVED it. We attend Abundant Life Church in Bradford which is very similar to Hillsong. We are going to be very sad to leave it next month.

Autumn said...

I emailed you. I don't know if you will get it, let me know if you can't check your email. Wilkinsons, Woolworths, BodyCare and Superdrug are places I would suggest checking first. Hope that helps. A

Autumn said...

Ok, sorry for the third comment...but Walmart actually owns Asda, so if you can find an Asda that is an option! Or Tesco would have them aswell. They are grocery stores, but sell much, much more! Probably have to get out of central london to find them. Hop on the tube and go to Zone 5 or 6!

The Chambers Family said...

I am jealous that you got to go to a Hillsong service! I am sure that the music was INCREDIBLE!!

Roberson said...

Ted! We wish you and Kristen were here at the beach with us! I miss you guys so much, and we've only been away for less than a week. It's so insane, and sad. This vacation has confirmed that we NEED to take a small group trip! Think about it!
Crystal