Thursday, June 5, 2008

thursday...

So here I am back at the British library. I just finished looking at another edition (this one French) of Calvin's Institutes. This one was an edition from 1560. It is weird they let you see centuries old books no problems but sometimes letters they get worried about. To me both are priceless. I don't know French but I could figure out some of it and have asked a good friend of mine to help me translate it. It is because Elizabeth translated some of this when she was 12. I proved she did not use the Latin so I had to go to the French edition and I need some help understanding how good at translation of french she is.

Other news, I thought I dropped my wallet, you know passport, credit cards, money. I panicked and ran back to the room to search for it and on my way discovered that it was simply in my back pocket. I am such a scatterbrain. I am ready to come home but glad that i have gotten this opportunity.

No comments: