Friday, June 6, 2008

One more week...

Well I am back to the room and have one week to go. I did some laundry tonight as I began to run out of clean shirts and it makes me feel normal to have clean clothes. Today at the National Archives, a lady security officer, who does not speak plainly, was hateful to me. The first real hateful person I have encountered. She got mad because I didn't check out right through this little thing that looks like airport security. I said I was sorry but she just was very cranky. I have seen her around the reading rooms correcting tons of people. Oh well.

I did get to see a previously unknown or at least unpublished letter of Elizabeth to a guy named Frederick some kind of German prince. I don't know all of it yet because I have to translate it. BUt here's a look at the signature of a Queen. I miss Kristen.

It says in Latin, your majesties good sister and cousin, Elizabeth Regina (Regina is the Latin word for Queen).

No comments: